Projects & Events
Main Street Eureka Springs works in the Main Street America Four Point Approach to develop projects and initiatives for the district.
- Downtown Natives – We have taken a neglected green space downtown on First Street by the Art Wall and are redeveloping it into an Arkansas/Ozark Natives garden. This teaching garden is spearheaded by volunteers and provides a working space to experiment with native species as well as gardening techniques for novice gardeners. This project is funded in part by Spa1905 at the Basin Park Hotel. Join the Downtown Natives Facebook Group to become involved.
- Paint This Town Mini Grant – Main Street Eureka Springs granted three projects in 2016 with matching grants to rehabilitate their facades. The total granted out was $5000. More grants will be awarded in 2017. The grants are in partnership with Main Street Arkansas and their commitment to downtown revitalization across the state.
- Board Development & Training – We believe in training board members both in the work of economic development through preservation, but also to become better board members who can then serve on boards throughout the city, county, region and state. We offer access to multiple regional and national training opportunities to boards.
- Free Consultations – Through Main Street Arkansas we are able to provide free consultations on small business practices, interior design and architectural design. Accessing these free services is possible by emailing email@example.com
- Downtown Development Forum – Our organization will be providing a one day session in September for new and existing businesses in the district. We will cover all aspects of starting a business as well as bringing in experts throughout the region to discuss options and opportunities downtown.
- Future Business Leaders of America – We partner with Eureka Springs High School’s FBLA to develop a Pop-Up Shop in the District during the holiday season to raise funds that they direct into their own school and the community.
- Daily Downtown Walking Tours – We provide two tours daily to expand the attraction opportunities and tell the stories of our rich district. Kids are always free and tours take off at 11AM and 4PM from Basin Spring Park. Visit the site online to get tickets.
- 21 & Fun Guide – Live entertainment happens in the Downtown District 7 days a week and the 21 & Fun Guide captures that. We distribute guides to every historic hotel in the district to give to their guests. We also email the guide to 5,000+ visitors, businesses and the community. In addition, the guide is available for download online.
- Eureka Event Planners – We provide a monthly meeting for Event Planners to discuss best practices, collaborate, and develop new ideas. This group is also available online to share events and ideas.
- #TeamEureka – We have gathered a group of strong social media developers to meet monthly to learn new skills, develop new promotion ideas and grow our online presences through collaboration.
- Christmas Festival – We produce the annual Christmas Festival that includes all the events created by organizations throughout Eureka Springs and developing our own events to add more spark to the event. We provide Santa in the Park, Night of a Thousand Santa’s, participate in the Best Santa Beard in the Great Ozarkan Beard Off and promote the District as the primary shopping destination in the region.
- American Express Shop Small Partner – We are the designated Shop Small Partner and provide both a Holiday Business Kick Off breakfast but the Shop Small Saturday event in the District.